Windows95: initializing Python env on start-up

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Sep 4 21:58:23 EDT 2000

"Olivier Dagenais" <olivierS.dagenaisP at canadaA.comM> wrote:

> You're close, but not quite.  The reason
>
> >     call C:\Downloaded\py152\setup.bat
>
> works in an MS-DOS prompt but not in AUTOEXEC.BAT, is that at the time
> AUTOEXEC.BAT is loading, the OS has no way of interpreting long file names.

DOH.  I should've seen that.  There's LFNDOS, but it's probably
not worth the trouble.  Just use the 8.3 name (or move it to
where the name is 8.3; directories should probably be anyway,
as some apps choke at odd times on LFNs in directory names).

> You-wouldn't-have-this-problem-under-NT-ly y'rs...

Wouldn't have that problem under DOS, either, because
there wouldn't *be* a long file name to screw things up.

- jonadab