[OT] Strong/Weak/Dynamic/Static typing (was Re: Python Strings)

Quinn Dunkan quinn at zloty.ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Sep 30 03:38:41 EDT 2000

On 25 Sep 2000 13:41:26 GMT, Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>Thanks for all the interesting information. I should check out Inform and
>z-machine, if only perhaps to steal ideas. :)

Way OT, but if you're interested in OO text adventure languages, TADS is
another interesting one.  I last used it ages ago, but I seem to remember it
was prototype based (classless) like self.  You might say (not the right
syntax, I'm sure):

green_room: room
    sdesc = "A green room."

north_hall: green_room
    ldesc = "The north hall."

and that stuff about vbfcs sure brought back a few memories :)

@@generate_sig@@-ly y'rs