Please explain why python rocks...

Kevin Breit battery841 at remove.for.no.spam.mypad.com
Thu Sep 7 01:12:50 EDT 2000

I must go to sleep soon.  However, I myself am a new user to languages
myself.  So maybe I can explain better than advanced people can, in some
ways at least.   I have found Python to be pretty easy to read on the
screen.  It doesn't give me a whole lot of really funny and odd characters
unless you get truly advanced (regex).  I mean, creating a list is as
simple as this: blar = ['1','2',3'] or something like that.  And calling
the 2 in there is print blar[1].  It's that easy.  I have noticed its got
relativly fast production times on it too.  I can put out simple scripts
with the bottleneck being my own knowledge and klumseyness. I've looked at
lots of languages (Perl, C++, C, Python, etc) and for a lot of things,
Python is my favorite.  I'd HIGHLY recommend learning Python, I think
you'll like it.