Colorized HTML from Python source

Mike Steed msteed at fiber.net
Mon Sep 25 22:53:31 EDT 2000

insyte at petra.squad51.net wrote:

> I know I've seen several sites with very nicely colorized Python source
> code.  They all seem to be using the same engine to do this, but I can't
> seem to track it down.  Is there a standard utility for reading Python
> source and producing a spiffy colorized HTML version?

As an unabashed and incurable Vim bigot, I must point out that Vim lets you
define whatever highlighting you want.  Then you can choose Syntax->Convert
to HTML to get an HTML version of your file with the same highlighting.

Admittedly this is option is of interest only to those who have "seen the
light" and already use Vim.

--
M.