What is Python?

Tim Hammerquist tim at degree.ath.cx
Mon Sep 18 05:34:19 EDT 2000

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
> p.s.  In case you haven't noticed, this "ly y'rs" schtick is an yet
> another good reason to switch. <wink>

Actually, I find myself preferring constant flames to all this "ly y'rs"
and "<wink>" stuff.  Maybe I'm just not in the spirit.

I'm just not getting all this.  I have no intention of quitting Perl.  I
enjoy Perl.  I enjoy Python.  This isn't a matter of religion, when you
can be Mormon when you want multiple wives, but Catholic when you want
some coffee.  Languages are tools.  Perl is a brilliant tool.  Python is
a brilliant tool.  Each have their strengths.

As a matter of interest, anyone want to convert the following code to
Python?

perl -npe 'next unless /\bjudea/i && /\bfront\b/i' /scripts/movies/brian/*

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
I am opposed to millionaires, but it would