[OT] python mailing list overhelpfullness

David Porter jcm at bigskytel.com
Thu Sep 28 12:50:16 EDT 2000

* Matthew Banham <matb at photond.com>:

> Well I have to say, all of you are extremely efficient at replying to
> problems. However, this can be a problem. I am still receiving emails with
> the subject "OS Commands". ALL of these e-mails say the SAME thing

As you may know, the mailing list is connected to the newsgroup. Part of the
problem may be that people are responding with the to answered questions
because they haven't seen any answers yet. The reason they are the same
answer is because this is Python ;-)

> This is not a flame but can users of the list please please please follow
> discussions and respond if and only if they have something new to offer.
> That way the world will be a little less noisy for us all :o)

I see no way to comply to your request without refusing to answer questions
even if there don't *appear* to be any answers yet. I doubt many people are
really posting the same response that someone else did with the knowledge
that they are wasting their time.

There's no responses to your post as I mail this, but they might be in
processing,

  David