NumPy on HPUX?

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 8 19:23:04 EDT 2000

Any one succeeded in building NumPy on HPUX?  I don't know how to install
LAPACK.  I've got a partially working gcc with f2c.  Is this sufficient to
compile LAPACK?  What do I need to change in makefile?

I also tried to skip this and use the lapack_lite, but got this problem

ld -b build/temp.hp-uxB/Src/_numpymodule.o
build/temp.hp-uxB/Src/arrayobject.o build/temp.hp-uxB/Src/ufuncobject.o -o
build/lib.hp-uxB/_numpy.sl
ld: invalid BFD target build/temp.hp-uxB/Src/_numpymodule.o'
error: command 'ld' failed with exit status 1

Thanks for any pointer.

Huaiyu