Package question

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Tue Sep 26 04:35:35 EDT 2000

On 26 Sep 00, at 10:44, Delaney, Timothy wrote:

> You need an __init__.py in each package ...
>
>    myprogram.py
>    MainPackage\
>      __init__.py
>      a.py
>      SubPackage1\
>        __init__.py
>        b.py
>      SubPackage2\
>        __init__.py
>        c.py

I know, but I was merely simplifying things... Anyway, I have some kind of
a solution now... when I start myprogram.py, packages can see each other
through MainPackage... and if I want to test a separate module, like b.py,
then I can easily add a directory to sys.path in the test suite. A way to
reference packages that are in higher directories would still be nice, but
it's not necessary.

Blessed be,

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at hvision.nl)