where is upvar

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Thu Sep 21 11:45:17 EDT 2000

Cameron Laird wrote:
> * Tcl is an interesting general-purpose computing
>   language.  Python is a computing language for the
>   streamlined development of applications.

Just guessing here, but I'd say that new control structures are important
for a language that's supposed to be embedded in other applications. You'd
want to be able to create a very simple way of saying things like "for every
message in the inbox that hasn't been read and contains 'Re:' in the title,
until the user presses a key..." as a single statement, for example. Not
unlike the implicit/default top-level looping that Perl does, because Perl
is a replacement for a lot of UNIX programs that loop over their
command-line arguments.

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.