Best way to copy files without Read-Only option

Kiss, Arpad AKiss at GEOMETRIA.hu
Tue Sep 5 10:57:59 EDT 2000

Hi,
shutil.copy2 copies last access time and last modification time and os.chmod
can set the read-only flag.
The mode parameter of os.chmod is not documented on win32(at least I haven't
find it) so you can examine the os.stat return values and then use these
constants(0x81b6 and 0x8124), or create a file in the destination dir then
use shutil.copymode to copy the mode of this new file.
Arpad

news:<39B4EF5E.22DE5B90 at yahoo.com>...