Python questions from C/Perl/Java programmer

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 8 11:25:35 EDT 2000

On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 08:46:36 GMT, jonadab at bright.net (Jonadab the
Unsightly One) declaimed the following in comp.lang.python:

> THAT bad.  Actually, modern Fortran is a pretty good language
> if one of the main things you want to do is calculate really
> huge numbers (numbers, in some cases, that would span onto
> multiple pages if you tried to print them out -- say, if you're
> researching weather prediction algorithms or something).  (It
> still isn't good for text-munging and such, though.)

	You must have access to a FORTRAN version I've never seen... All
the machines I've used don't go any fancier than "double complex" (which
is really just two "double" numbers as one entity). Most machines,
double is only good for ~15 significant digits.