Public Domain Python

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Sep 16 03:49:35 EDT 2000

[Grant Griffin]
> Users of Windows currently are the largest single category of software
> users, yet "free software" (in the GNU sense) does not cater to them
> whatesover.  Why?  Because "free software" (in the GNU sense) is written
> for producers, and those producers mostly use some form of Unix.
>
> "free-software"-is-free-in-the-"free-to-ignore-users"-sense-ly
>    y'rs,
>
> =g2

Indeed, yes, my immediate coworkers were soooo pleased after whipping up a
Python RPM for RedHat Linux, gloating "see!  I can install Python now with
just a few simple commands!".  And I thought to myself "huh -- that rules
out 99% of Windows users" <0.1 wink>.

i-still-have-to-talk-folks-thru-the-"click-on-the-name-to-download"-
    phase-ly y'rs  - tim