Multiple independent Python interpreters within one process (or sth

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Wed Sep 27 09:09:44 EDT 2000

1) Is it possible to embed multiple, independent Python interpreters
within single process? In case it is possible, will they work in
multithreaded environment?

2) How would you solve the problem of using Python as scripting language
in multithreaded process using many independent scripts to handle simple
tasks?

We are currently debating whether Python can be language of choice to
use as a scripting language for some project. The main engine (written
in C++) will accept some type of requests (we interface some hardware,
let me skip the details) and pass them to working scripts - which should
work in parallel, without influencing one another.

Thanks in advance for any hints, suggestions, references etc.

--
http://www.mk.w.pl /
 Marcin.Kasperski | Moje prywatne strony: http://www.kasperski.prv.pl