Of what use is 'lambda'???

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Tue Sep 26 14:03:30 EDT 2000

In article <39d09d83.11574905 at news.bright.net>,
Jonadab the Unsightly One <jonadab at bright.net> wrote:
>Darren New <dnew at san.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> @x = (3, 2, 1)
>> $y = @x
>> $z = (3, 2, 1)
>>
>> Here $y != $z
>
>We're playing funny games in the second line there, though.

The third one, too --- the problem is that they're different funny
games, and that's what either removes referential transparency or does
a damn good job of creating the illusion of the removal of referential
transparency, depending on your definition of referential
transparency.

--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves