supper fast walk

gangli at msn.com gangli at msn.com
Tue Sep 12 18:18:24 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8rt572.eg9.nascheme at spud.cnri.reston.va.us>,
  nascheme at news.cnri.reston.va.us (Neil Schemenauer) wrote:
> gangli at msn.com <gangli at msn.com> wrote:
> >I used win32 function to rewrite walk, and speed up my
> >program to as fast as NT Find.
>
> How long did it take you to do this optimization?  Did you still
> finish x times faster than C++ or Java?  I'm guessing that the
> Java version would be difficult to make as fast as NT Find.
>
>   Neil

The whole project was estimated to take two weeks to code it in C++ and
one week to debug it. It took me 1 day to code and test that 300 line
Python script. One hour to profile it. Another hour to come out
win_walk function. Three hours to convert the script to use win_walk.
That is still 10 time faster than doing it in C++.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.