Glint broke when I installed Python 1.6

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 17:57:52 EDT 2000

Chris Arai <chris at araidesign.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Glint stopped workint when I installed python 1.6.  The reason appears
> to be that
> there is no rpm module.  Glint used to find this in
> /usr/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/rpm.so
>
> Why is it not in the new /usr/lib/python1.6/lib-dynload ???

Because you haven't made such a module.

> Copying rpm.so to the python1.6 branch doesn't work

No, you can't use modules compiled against python 1.5 with 1.6

> Is there something in the install procedure that sets up lib-dynload?

Not in the way you want.

You need to recompile rpm, and adjust the build procedure so it
compiles with 1.6 headers, links with 1.6 and ends up in the correct directory.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.