Python embedding

Daniel Andersson daniel.andersson at centrumeh.com
Mon Sep 4 07:40:17 EDT 2000

Hi list/group

Im currently trying to embed python in my windows based
irc-client (yes, the world needs yet another irc client :).
Anyway I have some questions:

I would like to be able to distribute the client without
installing python. I want to be able to send out basically
two files, client.exe and script.py (script.py being a
default implementation of the scriptable parts of the
client) and have everything python needs included in
client.exe. Is this possible?

Another way would be to distribute client.exe, a python
dll and the script.py, I think this would be ok too but
I'd like to be able to do the first option.

In short, I want to be able to stuff everything that
python needs (and some standard modules like string etc.)
into my main exe.

/Daniel Andersson