Python-dev summary: August 16-31

Carel Fellinger cfelling at iae.nl
Mon Sep 4 18:23:59 EDT 2000

Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> CF> I'm stunned, I'm gabberflasted, I'm a Bonehead.
,,,

> Because it is ambiguous. (print to some_file would have been better but it
> has the same problem).
...clear and crisp explanation clipped

as I sead I'm a bonehead. I overlooked the simple fact that what follows as
might be an expression, and that that could make it ambiguous whether as
was part of that expression. Helas, we really have to live with >>
(no doubt I'm going to use it, it's just the form that I find ugly.
One of the first things that I stumbled over after my first tiny Python
script was that I wanted to make it more general, and needed output
to go to a file. So >> was just what I was looking for then:)

--
groetjes, carel