newbie: Zope

Keith Ray k_j_r_a_y at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 5 17:50:36 EDT 2000

In article <39b534cf at news.xtml.co.uk>, "Nick Trout"
<nick at nil_spam_videosystem.co.uk> wrote:

[...]
>Sorry I don't have much experience of Apache (or web servers in general!).
>My head is swimming with all the various options I have! :-) I'm not sure
>how I would use features like the Apache modules from a Python/Zope object
>anyway? Given features like this I could see the benefit of not starting
>from scratch.
>
>I'm trying to find the best (cheap/free) solution for creating a simple
>intranet server. I would like to have news bulletins, discussion groups,
>docs etc on it. I like the idea of remote admin through Zope as I may move
>countries soon. I like Python. I got into Zope but I am finding the
>DTML/Python stuff hard work.

If you would spend around $600, you might find that Web Objects would do
what you want. <http://www.apple.com/webobjects>.

Or you could use PyWiki or one of the Wiki clones...
<http://twiki.sourceforge.net/pub/Codev/WikiClonesDirectory/WikiClonesDir
ectory.html>

--

       <http://pw2.netcom.com/~kjray/>