Failed wxpython

Frank Miles fpm at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 29 11:19:10 EDT 2000

In article <39D39538.9D1EE75F at hotmail.com>,
Sreekant Kodela  <skodela at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi there
>I nearly finished quite an involved program in python and wxpython. I
>developed it on linux. Then copied it to windows partition and did
>unix2dos before that. Checked all the source files. It fails.
>
>Then I tried using python shell. Py1.5.2 and Py1.6 both with relevant
>versions of wxPython compiled against them. I tried "from wxPython.wx
>import *" and windows says "This program pythonw.exe has performed an
>illegal operation and will be closed" blah blah.
>
>It is a dual cel 433 Abit BP6 Windows95. I really need it to run on
>windows as all my users are on windows.
>
>Anyoone had similar problems!

I second the suggestion regarding trying the demo in Win95.
unix2dos is, as others have suggested, completely unnecessary.

Recently I tried doing a similar thing, developing on Linux for users
running Windows.  All was fine for a Win98 machine that I did the
first compatibility test.  When I tried running it on Win95, things
were seriously broken.  Can you try this on a Win98 machine?

If you discover how to make wx/Python (of whatever version -- I tried
several) work in Win95 -- I for one would like to know how.  I took
the path of least resistance, and upgraded the user to Win98.  Fortunately
they already had an unused license, so it didn't cost any more than
the time to upgrade the OS.

Good luck!

	-frank