Thread Monitors?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 17:56:01 EDT 2000

"Quasimodo" <KILLzdramboSPAMMERS at zdnetmail.com> wrote in message
news:8pr5or$5ja2$1 at newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...
    [snip]
> I can see total threads running in W98 (using System Monitor) currently.
> was looking for some sort of monitor that could show me individual threads
> and their resource usage (if possible), as opposed to just a total usage
for
> the app.

Most resources are not assigned to a single thread, but rather accessible
to all threads.  The stack and 'per-thread memory' are exceptions, but
they're normally a very small part of the resources consumed.  If you
used a per-thread heap (unusual, but doable) it would almost start to
make sense.  But very few programs work that way; that threads SHARE
memory is normally a key reason to have threads (rather than separate
processes, for which sharing resources is the exception, not the rule).

Alex