Embeding: C++ Objects visible from Python

heath7952 at my-deja.com heath7952 at my-deja.com
Thu Sep 28 13:49:20 EDT 2000

Dear All,

I have developed a C++ application using Trolltech's Qt GUI API. I have
embedded Python within this application using SIP. I would like to
create a MainWindow widget plus various other widgets on the C++ side
and then pass their  handles over to the Python side. On the Python side
create additional child widgets and manipulate the existing C++ side
widgets using PyQt bindings.

Currently I can launch my app, execute PyQt scripts in my embedded
command window and all works fine, dialog boxes popup etc... But I have
been unable to bridge this connectivity gap between the two sides.

I have scoured the web and read sections in several books but I am
unable to figure it out. Does anyone have any examples explaining
a solution to this problem, or any relevant experience.

Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.