Stackless Conspiracy Exposed was:(RE: [Python-Dev] Is Python moving too fast?)

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Tue Sep 12 07:13:38 EDT 2000

Mike Fletcher wrote:
[what a great story - you are a poet! ]

> Where, oh where, are the champions of stackness in this hour of need? Arise,
> those who would stamp out this spreading epidemic that threatens to unleash
> Python on the embedded world!
> Mike(y)

I'm there, after a few weeks of travelling.
Stackless is performing fine. Currently, I count
three different articles on it being written.

I'm about to prepare stackless 1.2 for python 1.6 .
This is a stable version, and I will no longer develop
Stackless against CVS trees, but against stable releases only.

Later, there will be a complete redesign for inclusion
in python 2.1. This will only be done, if the core Python
group decides to include Stackless at all.
It may break more compatibility, be easier to understand,
more efficient, but it will be complete, like today.

This project will not start until I got green light to
get it into the core (or they pay me by the hour :).

Thanks to all users for making Stackless immortable - chris