Mapping Python to CORBA

Duncan Grisby dgrisby at uk.research.att.com
Wed Sep 27 13:10:39 EDT 2000

In article <39D2205D.4557D50 at americasm01.nt.com>,
 Lee, Rick <rickylee at americasm01.nt.com> wrote:

> Is there a Python library that will let a Python program talk to CORBA
> entities on other computers, (using a common set of IDL definitions
> between them)?

Several:

omniORBpy     http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/omniORBpy/
orbit-python  http://projects.sault.org/orbit-python/
ILU           ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html
Fnorb         http://www.fnorb.com/

omniORBpy and orbit-python are LGPL; ILU has its own open source
license; Fnorb is free for non-commercial use.

I wrote omniORBpy, so I'll leave it to others to give their opinion on
which one's best...

Cheers,

Duncan.