Script To automate ftp uploading

Moshe Eshel moshe at u4all.com
Tue Sep 12 11:06:49 EDT 2000

Hi!

I need some help to create a script that will connect to a remote server and
upload all the files in a certain directory.

I know how to do the basic stuff like the connect and upload issues,
what I really need help with are all the special cases... How to deal with
Errors on the remote server, how to know when file upload has finished
and do a size check to determine if the file made it to the other side...
And if failed to retry... etc...

Any help would be appriciated...

Any examples in any shell language Perl or Tcl would be greatly
appriciated...

Thanks a lot in advance

Moshe Eshel
moshe at u4all.com