Python Strings

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Sep 6 05:51:04 EDT 2000

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:

> > So, a Python string is essentially a dictionary word, then?
>
> It depends on precisely what you mean by "dictionary word."

No, I was just misunderstanding the Python term "dictionary".
If they'd said "associative array" or "hash" I'd have known
what they were talking about.

> Remember, though, that Inform is a very special purpose.

I know, but Inform's notion of objects is in some ways
superior to any other I've seen.  The way properties are
handled is very nice, especially in terms of embedded
routines.  By comparison the OO features of C++ or Perl
are evil and stupid (respectively).  At this time Inform
is still my thinking model for an object-oriented language.
(But I'm only beginning to learn Python...)

- jonadab