"CPAN" SIG?

Kevin Russell krussell4 at home.com
Fri Sep 29 00:36:11 EDT 2000

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> Tom Loredo <loredo at spacenet.tn.cornell.edu> wrote:
> > Vaults is great.  However I strongly feel there is a need, if not
> > for CPAN, then at least for mirrors of Vaults.  As someone who has
> > just written a grant proposal seeking support for a Python
> > project, I find it worrisome that Python's main source of info
> > about 3rd party libraries is a single site.  In particular, Vaults
> > has been incredibly unstable in the last month or so; a web page
> > supporting my proposal links to it and I am just praying that
> > when the reviewers visit it, it's not one of the days that clicking
> > on the Vaults link returns an error message.  There have been
> > many days like that lately.
>
> There should be fewer lately.  Let me tell you what has been going on.

The dumped catalogues that the VoP offers when the database server
is down are actually relatively tolerable.  But I just noticed that
the current ones are now three weeks old.  Is there any way to
automate a more frequent schedule of updating the catalogue dumps --
at least until the database server regains its balance?

-- Kevin