Newbie question...

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm at normik.dk
Thu Sep 28 08:44:43 EDT 2000

From: shindich at my-deja.com [mailto:shindich at my-deja.com]

>Huh? Since when do you need to write separate functions for adding
>numbers and strings in Python? The buty of the language is that you can
>write template-like function easily.
>The following function will do the job:

Shure can, but I was not trying to write clever code, I was trying to teach
a lesson.

My experience from my teaching days has shown me that I don't come across
more clearly by showing the answer as a more complicated example than the
one the student allready had trouble understanding.

If somebody has trouble understanding a problem, split it up in more simple
subproblems, don't show what can be done if you allready understand the
problem.

Lecturing'ly yours - Max M