What's the heck "Beopen python" ?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at beopen.com
Tue Sep 5 13:30:08 EDT 2000

thor at localhost.localdomain (Manuel Gutierrez Algaba) writes:

> I'm starting to get a bit nervous about it. I think python
> was/is python. But now, a slight difference comes , it's
> _beopen_ python.
>
> Perhaps ,  should we start talking about "Beopen python 3000"?
> Or simple Beopen 3000.
>
> The proofs :
>
> http://www.pythonlabs.com/logos.html

BeOpen Python is the name for the official Python release that comes
out of BeOpen PythonLabs.

Bob Weiner, the CTO and founder of BeOpen, recently posted this
clarification about the logos and the name to the Python 2.0 licensing
mailing list:

    We're adding in a sentence that explicitly allows the use of the
    BeOpen Python icons.  Just so you know, we have no issue with
    anyone using the term BeOpen Python in regards to our Python
    releases; we also have no issue with people simply calling it
    Python (just so you know).  If someone has some language that can
    make these facts even clearer, feel free to send it.

Jeremy

-- Jeremy Hylton <http://www.python.org/~jeremy/>