Python in game development?

Russell Wallace rwallace at esatclear.ie
Thu Sep 28 10:58:50 EDT 2000

Jan Ekholm wrote:
> Anyone doing strategic games with Python? I work on a American Civil War
> based game, a little like the old SSI games. Development is really fast in
> Python, and the speed seems to be enough. The source can be downloaded
> from SourceForge if someone is interested (project name: Civil).

I've a back burner project, a text-based PBEM strategy game, in Python.
It's a nice, easy language for handling strings and complex data
structures, and this project doesn't need .EXE compilation or animated
graphics or anything like that.

--
"To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."
Russell Wallace
mailto:rwallace at esatclear.ie
http://www.esatclear.ie/~rwallace