Python and ISPs

R. A. griff at netdoor.com
Tue Sep 19 16:27:59 EDT 2000

My current ISP doesn't allow the use of Python scripts for personal web
pages, and since they don't seem to be terribly interested in my
attempts to bring them around, I'm looking for a new ISP.

My question is this: Since I may have to educate a few people in my
attempts to find the right ISP for me, what are the requirements for
running Python on the server?  My plans do not include secure
transactions or any enterprise applications, but relatively simple
scripts I can use for personal home pages.

Any insight would be helpful.

Rob Andrews