Zope gives you too much rope?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Tue Sep 5 13:25:13 EDT 2000

"Nick Trout" <nick at nil_spam_videosystem.co.uk> writes:
> > Totally. I'd like to see the ZODB used far & wide.
>
> Sorry, I'm a newbie. Does this mean you'd prefer everything to be done
> through ZClasses and instances? i.e. rather than through databases external
> to Zope?

No, I'll wager Ethan was referring to other, non-Zope-related software
using the ZODB code.  The ZODB implements a very neat persistence
system for Python objects; while you could write your own
implementation (and we briefly considered it), the result would be
much the same in terms of complexity, plus you'd have to debug it
yourself, and someone has already debugged the ZODB for you.

--amk