A very, very newbie question :)

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Sep 6 16:39:41 EDT 2000

In article <slrn8rdd5s.jcq.thor at localhost.localdomain>, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:

>That's a full blown LIE. I use emacs and I know a bit of elisp.
>And it's not compulsory to know elisp!!

I used emacs for years without doing any elisp.  I did
cut/paste a few things from examples into my .emacsrc (or
whatever it was called).  After I got tired of waiting for
emacs to start up, I switched to Jed (good emacs emulation,
decent Python mode, about 1/1000 the size of emacs).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I have many CHARTS
                                  at               and DIAGRAMS...