Python 1.6 The balanced language

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Tue Sep 12 06:54:45 EDT 2000

Peter Schneider-Kamp wrote:

> Suchandra Thapa wrote:
> > >Sometimes there are even technical drawbacks: if you use Stackless
> > >python (corrutines), you can use Jpython compatibility !
>
> It is not impossible to implement coroutines for JPython. It's just
> hard (or impossible) to implement them efficiently without changing
> the VM beneath.

But that's the point:
JPython does not have an extra VM, but emits java VM
code. That means: Having coroutines for JPython is
the same question as having coroutines in Java: Is
it possible without changing the Java VM?

I'm proetty shure it is impossible by creating java scourcecode,
but I'm no longer sure that the VM is incapable to do it.
This code would just have no Java equivalent.
Yet another decompile barrier :-)

ciao - chris