[1.5.2] Buglet in Mailbox-module?

Robert Amesz rcameszREMOVETHIS at dds.removethistoo.nl
Sat Sep 30 22:46:31 EDT 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

>[cc'd to last maintainer of mailbox.py]
>
>In article <8FBFE5F1rcamesz at 127.0.0.1>,
>Robert Amesz <rcameszREMOVETHIS at dds.removethistoo.nl> wrote:
>>
>>When trying to access some of my .MBX-files using the
>>Mailbox-module which came with Python 1.5.2, I quickly found out
>>that module just didn't work for me: the next() method just
>>returned None each time, and not the rfc822-object I expected.
>
>It looks like it may be real, but you should really use the bug
>submission facility at python.sourceforge.net to submit bugs.

Well, if I'm convinced it is a genuine unfixed bug, I will submit it,
but I'd hate to waste the developers time at a time like this.

>Also, it's really hard to work with someone who has a munged e-mail
>address.

"Munged?" I've never heard that word, but I presume you're referring to
the spamblocker in the From-header. The one in the Reply-To header is
perfectly valid though. Any half-decent newsreader will use that one
when replying by e-mail, so I'm not really sure what the problem is
here.

Robert Amesz