SQL server data types????

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 24 12:33:27 EDT 2000

muwanda at my-deja.com wrote:

> hi

[test suite output]

> and if I have in a table (SQL server) a datatype nvarchar, Python shell
> send the follow error:
>
> InterfaceError: SQL type (code -9) not implemented
>
> To solve this erro, i need make a cast, but it's so hard, because I
> have a lot a fields nvarhcar....
>
> I need Help???
> thanks

The nvarchar fields are Unicode in SQL Server.  Since Python 1.5.2
does not handle Unicode as a native type, this is proably why you
are getting the errors.

Marc-Andre Lemburg, the author of mxODBC, may well be addressing these
problems for his 2.0 implementation, but you'd have to check with him
to be sure.  If he is, then your best solution will be to migrate to
Python 2.0 and use an updated version of mxODBC.

Sorry the news is so negative: I had an indication from Marc-Andre that
he expected to produce 2.0-compatible mx* releases within a week of the
final release of 2.0, but with the starship being down I have no update
on that yet.  Best I can say is RSN ... :-(

regards
 Steve

--
Helping people meet their information needs with training and technology.
703 967 0887      sholden at bellatlantic.net      http://www.holdenweb.com/