ftplib question

jb4mt at my-deja.com jb4mt at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 18 11:51:24 EDT 2000

How do I use ftplib to download a text file?  My script works fine as
far as logging in and navigating to the proper directory.  I just can't
figure out how to use the various objects, such as retrlines().  I'm
not able to pass 'get whatever.file' to this object, but that is the
command I'd issue at the command prompt when using FTP.  I've looked at
the documentation but can't easily figure it out.  Help from anybody
with previous experience would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

George

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.