PythonWin IDE sucks!

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Fri Oct 27 09:29:47 EDT 2000

I've sort of mentioned this before and all I got was general murmors
of agreement but no solution.

This is such a huge irritation and time waster for me that if it isn't
sorted out I can't really consider Python for future large projects.

To test a module, I import it into PythonWin using the Import/Reload
button and then instantiate a class in the Interactive Window.

After a failure, I fix the offending code and Import/Reload again.
However, the same failure occurs showing the original line with it's
original contents. The changed module hasn't been loaded.

Why is this?

What can I do about it?

The only way to fix it is to quite and reload PythonWin but then you
have to arrange windows, reestablish breakpoints and watches, etc.
and it all takes far too long.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd