omniORBpy / IDL mapping question...

Kragen Sitaker kragen at dnaco.net
Sun Oct 1 20:34:58 EDT 2000

In article <p6q4s2x3r0h.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
Martin von Loewis  <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
>cbbrowne at news.hex.net (Christopher Browne) writes:
>
>> As an arguably odd-ball choice, you could use a DBM file, so that the
>> values actually reside in a database outside the Python world.  It
>> doesn't have to be a plain old variable...
>
>Indeed, this is one rationale for mapping attributes that way (Paul
>Prescod calls it "computed attributes", and complains every now and
>then that Python does not really support them).

Someone posted a nice computed-attribute system in Python here a couple
of weeks ago, using __getattr__ and __setattr__.  Someone should point
Paul at it next time he complains.
--
<kragen at pobox.com>       Kragen Sitaker     <http://www.pobox.com/~kragen/>
Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves