ActivePython 2.0 Release

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Mon Oct 23 14:55:54 EDT 2000

In article <6p18vs8kf64ubh72rm08b3d0u6dj8qn793 at 4ax.com>,
  dale at out-think.NOSPAM.co.uk wrote:
> Robin Dunn <robin at alldunn.com> wrote:
>

> >> One little plus (from my POV) I noticed in their previous build is
> >> that the docs in the Windows build are in CHM, which I find quite
> >> preferable to bare HTML (built-in index and search, etc), although
> >> there were lots of defects in the .CHM themselves (missing/wrong
> >> indices, etc).
> >>

> >I've built a .CHM from the BeOpen python docs.  You can get it at
> >http://alldunn.com/python/py2docs.zip.  I just did a quick hack on a
> >python script (included) I had laying around from 1.5.2 to make it
find
> >the extra docs added since then.  The script produces the stuff
needed
> >for the MS HTML Help compiler.  I havn't found anything missing yet,
but
> >no guarantees...
>
> Excellent. Really useful. How long have you been keeping this to
> yourself?

Not long.  Really!

I just started working on it the evening that 2.0 was released, mainly
because it wasn't until then that I could find the conversion script
hiding on my wife's computer (which was mine when Python 1.5.2 was
released and when I did the same for those docs.)  The script was
originally done by someone else. I forget who but I think his ID is in
the file somewhere...

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman