python logic and AI links

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Thu Oct 5 13:02:49 EDT 2000

It seems there's at least a small handful of logic programming and AI
modules out there... Anyone interested in tying some of this stuff
together?

I've started a sourceforge project for logic programming in python
http://plato.sourceforge.net (for "python logic and truth objects")..
There's nothing there yet, but I was thinking about making a simple
prolog interpreter, plus maybe some generic AI objects..

Actually, I have two specific projects in mind: a stock trader, and an
automated therapist (like eliza, but done right..  [see
http://www.manifestation.com/sabrina/ ) for some old, mostly random
thoughts about what it might be like..]

PYTHON AI MODULES

mark summerfield's fuzzy logic stuff:
   http://www.ourobourus.com/logic.py

mark lutz's holmes expert system shell:
   http://www.python.org/ftp/python/contrib/All/holmes.tar.gz

joe strout's AI in python page:
    http://www.strout.net/python/ai/

Denys Duchier's continuations page, which includes a validity checker
and prolog engine:
    http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier/python/continuations.html

Aaron Watters' pysimplex, which seems to offer some form of
constraint programming:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/aaron_watters/pysimplex/

Ken Seehof's Neural Integrator:
   http://starship.python.net/crew/seehof/NeuralPython.html

Vladimir ____ (gandalf?)'s CLIPS interface:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/gandalf/DNET/AI/

Dirk Heise's GAS (Genetic Algorithm  Stuff):
    http://starship.python.net/crew/gandalf/gas01.zip

W. Michael Petullo's pylog, which talks to prolog via a pipe:
   http://www.flyn.org/

Cyphesis, an AI/ALife engine tries to achieve 'live' virtual world
where NPCs have ambition:
   http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo2.py/73044531

Neil Schemenauer's Back-Propagation Neural Networks module:
   http://www.enme.ucalgary.ca/~nascheme/python/bpnn.py

Neil Schemenauer's S-expression parser module:
   http://www.enme.ucalgary.ca/~nascheme/python/sexprmodule-0.2.tar.gz

another fuzzy package (author unknown):
   ftp://ftp.csh.rit.edu/pub/members/retrev/fuz.tar.gz

Andrew M. Kuchling's "simple neural network code" (unmaintained):
   ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/amk/unmaintained/nnpy.tgz

ThoughtTreasure (an ontology for AI programs.. distributed with
bindings for python):
   http://www.signiform.com/tt/htm/tt.htm

Python bindings to WordNet:
   http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~steele/sources/wordnet-python.html