Where is wxPython?

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Mon Oct 23 14:48:53 EDT 2000

In article <ZB30OREvS0uG2PXGPHCedQ59rlZl at 4ax.com>,
  Paul Moore <paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com> wrote:

> >try the download page at wxPython.org
>
> Looking there, I see downloadable Windows binaries for Python 1.6, and
> Python 2.0b1. I also see wxPython-2.2.1.exe, with no Python version
> mentioned. I guess this is probably a Python 1.5 version.

Correct.

> Is there a Python 2.0 (release) compatible version? Will the 2.0b1
> version work? I'll download and try it, but I don't know what form a
> failure would take...

Yes, it works, (at least as far as the bit of testing I did.)  I'm
working on getting a 2.2.2 release done now, with binaries for both
1.5.2 and 2.0.  It's almost ready to go but I'm fighting some dynamic
linking problems on Linux with the Python 2.0 version... I hope to have
it worked out in the next day or two.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman