XML DOM to JavaScript

Olav.Benum at bigfoot.com Olav.Benum at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 25 11:18:11 EDT 2000

 Greetings!

 My basic question is:

 How can I convert XML DOM to JavaScript
 data-structures?

 I have some XML-files that represents a
 data-structure, I would like to generate HTML in
 the browser from the same structure with
 JavaScript, I am already converting the DOM to
 CFML (ColdFusion) code.  In ColdFusion there is
 this WDDX framework which converts the CFML DOM
 to Javacript statements which generates a
 similar structure in JavaScript.
 (WDDX seems to be intended as a standard for
 this kind of things, but I haven't found any
 references to WDDX and Python)

 Is there some way I can do this directly from
 Python.  Essentially I would like to generate
 a .js file from the corresponding .xml file

 One alternative could be if I could somehow
 process the XML directly with JavaScript)

 Thanks!
 Olav