socket.error (0, "Error") on win98 with python 2.0?

Gregory P . Smith greg at mad-scientist.com
Sat Oct 28 02:13:36 EDT 2000

I just started running our software (mojonation) under python 2.0 on
windows 98 and am noticing at various odd times that select() when
calling asyncore.poll() raises an error (0, "Error").  Our poll() loop
logs it and ignores it.  It doesn't seem fatal, but does anyone have
any idea why it might have started happening?  I didn't notice this
behavior with 1.6 or 1.5.2.

I've seen it happen when there were only a handful of sockets open so
it doesn't appear to be related to the number of sockets.

(It's running under ActivePython 2.0 if that matters.)

thanks,
-greg

PS please CC me in any responses, I'm not on the python-list at the moment.