Python 2.0 release candidate 1

Jon Ribbens jon+python-list at unequivocal.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 13:42:35 EDT 2000

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at beopen.com> wrote:
> The final release of Python 2.0 will be next week.  We would
> appreciate feedback on the release candidate in order to fix any
> remaining bugs before the final release.  Confirmation of build and
> test success on less common platforms is also helpful.n

It works fine on OpenBSD 2.7. 'make test' fails due to a threading-related
bug in OpenBSD 2.7's libc (that is already fixed for 2.8) but I have patched
this bug on my local system and everything works fine now.

Could I suggest that it might be an idea in Modules/Setup.in to add a comment
by the bit for SSL-enabled _socket module, to the effect that if you uncomment
the SSL stuff you need to comment-out the non-SSL _socket module just above?

Cheers

Jon