calldll and python20

Sam Schulenburg samschul at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 18 02:11:15 EDT 2000

I tried to recompile calldll for python20 and get the following error
when I try to load the dll>

Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 16 2000, 17:27:58) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
IDLE 0.6 -- press F1 for help
>>> import calldll
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    import calldll
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initcalldll)

The initcalldll function is defined as follows:

__declspec(dllexport) void
initcalldll(void)
{
	PyObject *dict, *module;
	module = Py_InitModule ("calldll", calldll_functions);
	dict = PyModule_GetDict (module);
	calldll_module_error = PyString_FromString ("calldll error");
	PyDict_SetItemString (dict, "error", calldll_module_error);

	/* initialize our thread local storage index */
	thread_state_tls_index = TlsAlloc();

	/* This is not actually needed, we could just use
	   calldll.get_proc_address to get them! */

	PyDict_SetItemString (
	  dict,
	  "addrs",
	  Py_BuildValue (
		"(lll)",
		&Py_BuildValue,
		&PyInt_AsLong,
		/* &PyEval_CallObject */ /* OR */
&thread_safe_call_object
		)
	);

I can not find any problems with the above function declaration. Any
ideas?

Sam Schulenburg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.