Where is wxPython?

jay.krell at cornell.edu jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 26 04:13:19 EDT 2000

Windows generally looks in the .exe's directory first anyway, other than
LoadLibraryEx(with altered search path), which favors the directory the .dll
is in. COM uses that.

An empty foo.exe.local does make things more isolated. Loads by full path
resolve to the .exe's directory when foo.exe.local exists. I think.

Already loaded .dlls are also often favored.
eg:
c:\one\foo.exe
c:\one\lib.dll
c:\two\bar.dll
c:\two\lib.dll

foo.exe and bar.dll both depend on lib.dll. bar.dll is loaded "with altered
search path". Bar.dll picks of c:\one\lib.dll instead of the possibly
intended c:\two\lib.dll.

 - Jay