any pickle patterns?

Charles Medcoff cmedcoff at my-deja.com
Fri Oct 13 15:44:42 EDT 2000

I've just begun using the pickle module.  I have found it very easy to
use and it works well.

One item that I am looking for some advice on is how to
support "schema" changes in an object.  What if a class adds some data
members and we try to read in an older version of the object?  I can
write out my own version info and read it back in and handle all of
that myself, but I am wondering if there are other "patterns"
or "idioms" for handling this issue.

Those familiar with MFC/Serialize will be familiar with the schema
numbering of the IMPLEMENT_SERIAL() macro.  Does python have anything
remotely similar in function?

Regards,
Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/