Does Python 2.0b1 support https on Windows?

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 1 05:01:33 EDT 2000

jegerton at my-deja.com writes:

> I didn't see anything about SSL support in the httplib documentation -
> could you please explain how to use it?    If I was connecting using:
>
>         h = httplib.HTTP('www.myserver.com')
>
> what would I change this to for https?

Instead of httplib.HTTP, you write httplib.HTTPS. If you need to pass
X.509 secrets to SSL, you should use httplib.HTTPSConnection instead.

There is a bug report that documentation for SSL support is missing
(not only in httplib, but also in the socket module). Unless somebody
writes something really quick, that bug won't be fixed for 2.0.

Regards,
Martin