Python in RedHat 7

Ken Kinder kkinder at tridog.com
Wed Oct 25 16:03:11 EDT 2000

Unfortunately, that doesn't really fix the problem. If you use the stable
compiler on Red Hat 7, then what it compiles is binary incompatible with
the rest of the system. You'd have to recompile *everything* If I were
you, I'd just declare Red Hat 7 to be pre-alpha software and not use it.
Red Hat releases are generally unstable until about .2 series. 7.2, should
therefor be stable.